[ome-devel] Shoola-back-end consistency issues

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Thu Jul 7 13:50:04 BST 2005

I'm not disagreeing with you as much as you think.
Of course we'll end up writing both ends of the interface in many
cases, but its good to keep an eye out for opportunities where we can
get some bonus interop because we don't want to write every possible
client ourselves.
Of course we don't want to *base* our server infrastructure on
connectivity with Excel, but connectivity with Excel is monumentally
important.
Its not an OR thing.  Its an AND thing.  It has to be.
-I