[ome-devel] Next hiccup in OME installation

Graham Klyne Graham.Klyne at zoo.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 6 18:14:17 GMT 2005

This message is for feedback; no response requested.

I've now got the various builds to complete now, and the Apache
configuration seems to complete OK, but installation now fails when trying
to bootstrap the database.

[[
CREATION OF USER ome FAILED -- OUTPUT:
bash: /root/.bashrc: Permission denied

createuser: could not connect to database template1: could not connect to
server:

]]

I assume this is because the database server has not yet been
started.  This may be rather obvious, but I think it would be helpful if
the doc/INSTALL file indicated this as a prerequisite.

#g

---
Graham Klyne
Image Bioinformatics Laboratory
Department of Zoology, University of Oxford
South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PS, UK
E-mail: <Graham.Klyne at zoo.ox.ac.uk>
Direct phone: +44-(0)1865-281991
Departmental fax: +44-(0)1865-310447