[ome-devel] Questions of a newbie

phillip ryan ganir phillip_ryan.ganir at up.edu.ph
Mon Feb 21 17:15:45 GMT 2005

Sir/Ma'am,

     I'm just new to studying microscopy and image processing. I just want to
clarify if saying OME image format is identical to saying OME-XML. Moreover, I
explored your site and found the OME image format in the link XML schemata -->
image (Am I correct?). I've found some symbols (?, <>, *, etc.) in the boxes
that I don't understand, and unfortunately, there's no provided legend for
those symbols. Could someone explain these to me? Also the organization of the
chart, like for example why the image environment feature, thumbnail, channel
info are not linked to the image unlike the block containing the image ID,  the
creation date, etc. Also, what's the difference in the pixel size
(pixelsizeX,Y,Z) in the upper part and the feature size for the separate object
"pixel" (size X,Y,Z)? Is the latter really a separate object (that has features)
from the image, and the image just uses features of this object, which makes the
two sets of sizes really the same except in the datatype? Well, this is just my
interpratation, but please comment on this.

     I'm hoping for your response. It would greatly be appreciated. A million
thanks in advance!!!

Phillip