[ome-devel] shoola login woes

Chris Allan callan at blackcat.ca
Tue Feb 8 19:31:45 GMT 2005

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 02:21:26PM -0800, kristian kvilekval wrote:

> I am still trying to debug the shoola login failure.
>
> my OUT/app/config/container.xml contains
>
> <container>
>    <services>
>      <structuredEntry name="/services/OMEIS" type = "OMEIS">
>       <url>http://arno.ece.ucsb.edu/cgi-bin/omeis/</url>
>      </structuredEntry>
>      <structuredEntry name="/services/OMEDS" type = "OMEDS">
>       <url>http://arno.ece.ucsb.edu/shoola/</url>
>       </structuredEntry>
>

> I noticed that if I point my web browser at
>
>    http://arno.ece.ucsb.edu/shoola/
>
> I'll see this error in the apache log
> [Mon Feb  7 12:58:09 2005] [error] Can't locate object method "new" via
> package "HTTP::Headers"
> at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4/OME/Remote/Apache/Transport.pm line 41.\n

This is definitely a server side issue. I'm going to assume, you're
using Apache 2.x and mod_perl 2.x (1.99.x), correct? And that you've got
libwww-perl properly installed?

Can you give me the output of the following:

perl -MHTTP::Request -e 'my $a = new HTTP::Request;'

It may be, that for some odd reason, we need an HTTP::Request include in
OME::Remote::Apache::Transport for newer versions of SOAP::Lite. If
you're familiar with Perl, you could also give this a try. If not, once
I have the information above, I'll give you a patch to test.

> However, when I use the shoola client, I see nothing.
> It would be nice to know if it actually is contacting the apache server
> and if not,  what it is trying to contact.
>

> Does anyone have any ideas on how to proceed?
>

> Thx,
> kris

Ciao.

-Chris