[ome-devel] Spreadsheet Importer

Arpun Nagaraja arpun at nih.gov
Fri Aug 12 16:24:23 BST 2005

Hi everyone - I have just committed a spreadsheet importer that allows
bulk annotation of images using CategoryGroups or other ST's.
Instructions on how to use it are here:

http://users.openmicroscopy.org.uk/~anagaraja/OME-WEBSITE/custom-
annotations/spreadsheet_importer.html

The necessary package to get the excel parser to work will be installed
(it's called Spreadsheet::ParseExcel) if you do a CVS update of your
src/perl2/OME/Install directory after 8/12/05 - the only modified file
is PerlModuleTask.pm.

I tested it on Mac OS X and Linux - they both seemed to work fine.

Future plans for the importer include having it accept uploaded files,
instead of working on local files.  This would probably require a fair
amount of change to the way the importer reads data, especially the
excel parser.

Since today is my last day here (summer internships are short-lived!) I
will no longer be able to work on OME.  But maybe if we supported
Tiger, I could work on it at school...hmm...

But anyway, I will be watching ome-devel and ome-users (at least for a
while), so if you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

-Arpun