[ome-devel] A few questions about documentation

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Wed Sep 22 15:29:17 BST 2004

Hi-

On 22 Sep 2004, at 14:55, Joshua Moore wrote:

> In trying to track things down, I've needed something of a compass on
> the documentation. A few questions and perhaps we can but these in a
> DOC FAQ or whatever?

A good idea, and something we want to do.  For the moment, however, our
web page will be the central resource.  We can't provide all the
resources people would want, unless someone is willing to hep us do it.
  Any volunteers???

> What's the status of http://openmicroscopy.org/APIdocs/omeapi.html? Is
> it produced dynamically? Could the OME::Web::* PODs be added to this?
> (Certainly the PODs on the template variables would have been helpful
> when trying to make the plate viewer.)

Could be, let us look into that.  For the moment, you might have to
snoop around the site abit to find what you need.  We will look into
getting someone to improve the system, but it won't come anytime in the
next month.

> What's the status of the Javadocs?
> (http://www.openmicroscopy.org/api/java)

These will be released just after our release of Shoola2.2.1, by Oct 7.

check http://www.openmicroscopy.org.uk/remote/

> I know documentation is the grunt work of open source, so I'm not
> looking for miracles. I'm also --fully-- willing to write up some
> "Newbie" pages on various things. The question is where? (Which brings
> up one more question: what's the status of the wiki? Are there things
> out of date? Is there an overarching organizatinal plan (*tee hee*)? )

We are moving to redo that and get our roadmap for the next few
releases out (as I think I mentioned in a previous email).  Asking us
to do more and more will always just add things to our list, which we
will definitely try to do.  Anybody willing to help out is more than
welcome!

Cheers,

Jason

NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk