[ome-devel] Shoola and xml-rpc java

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Wed Oct 6 17:57:53 BST 2004

On Oct 5, 2004, at 6:56 PM, Gerald Fontenay wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Gerald

> Is the code for shoola available somewhere? That would be particularly
> useful to me as I am trying to get java code connected to an OME
> installation...but all of the demo. code in the distribution that I
> have tried gives me the same error:
>
> "Could not find a facade which implements ----- at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/CGI/Carp.pm."
>
> Shoola makes the connection, however.
>
> I'm really not sure whether this problem is related to Bug 202,
> ("Error serving OME::Web::*  : Could not load package
> OME::Web::XMLFileExport at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/CGI/Carp.pm line
> 301."),
> which I posted quite a while back and which is still not resolved.

There was a bit of a back and forth on that bug with Josiah.  The
reason it wasn't resolved is that we can't reproduce it on any of our
systems - all we have are "guesses".  There is a bewildering variety of
unix systems, and a great variety of setups and subtle ways of not
quite getting them right.  I'll contact you off-list to see if we can
diagnose your particular OS installation.

It is highly unlikely that the Java UI will work on a system where the
Web UI doesn't.  Other than the outer-most GUI components, they share
the bulk of their code and use a very similar mechanism to interact
with the system.

-Ilya