[ome-devel] C/C++ client library for OME::Remote

Harry Hochheiser hsh at nih.gov
Mon Jul 19 14:56:50 BST 2004

Chris:

My experience with these standards is admittedly quite limited, but I
think the potential benefits in terms of interoperatbiility and
adherence to community standards might make WSDL worth considering.
WSDL would allows us to support UDDI  for resource discovery, or
possibly to integrate with related biology service architectures like
BioMoby (biomogy.org). Furthermore, WSDL is used in the Grid Computing
world, so if we want to play in that arena...

I am well aware that there are reasons to not like SOAP - i wouldn't
advocate for making this change unless the benefits were clear.
however, it's worth considering.

In any case, I agree completely that documenting the XML-RPC calls
would be a great start. How hard would it be to automagically generate
some sort of appropriate docs from the Perl source code?

-harry