[ome-devel] C++ Client for OME data server (beta)

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 20 11:05:03 GMT 2004

Hello all,

I'm going out of town for the holidays tomorrow, but I thought I'd
mention that I've finished a beta version of a C++ client library (and
some documentation) for talking to OME via the remote framework. The
library also has SWIG wrappers so you can call it from more or less any
language.

Eventually, this is intended for integration into the OME-C code in the
CVS tree, but since I'm leaving for a bit, I figured I'd post a link to
the code, in case anyone wants to check it out. The library is
standalone and has no dependencies. It's written in standard C++, but
you'll need a recent compiler (you know, one that actually complies
with the C++ spec, like gcc 3.1 and above, or VS 7 or above). If you
want the SWIG wrapping, you'll need a CVS checkout of SWIG since I
uncovered some latent bugs therein in the course of this work.

http://www.stanford.edu/~zpincus/DataServer.tgz

Hope this is useful to some,

Zach Pincus

Department of Biochemistry and Program in Biomedical Informatics
Stanford University School of Medicine