[FLIMfit-users] FLIMfit and Time-Gated Data

Susana Silva susana.f.s.89 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 15:36:18 GMT 2017

Dear All

I am working with a Time-Gated FLIM system based on a LaVision intensified
CCD camera capable of producing gates with widths ranging from 200ps to
1000ps. I am trying to used FLIMfit to fit the acquired data. Right now, I
am trying to perform a monoexponential fit on a dataset acquired from a
green chroma slide with an IRF acquired in fluorescence mode from a
solution of erythrosine B in water (MiLiQi), but I have some issues
regarding the quality of the fit and the reference lifetime I have to use
in the IRF tab before fitting the data. I read somewhere in this mailing
list that the reference lifetime should be estimated by a monoexponential
tail fitting of the IRF curve. However, this advice was to TCSPC data and
not Time-Gated. With Time-Gated IRF does the same procedure apply? If so,
how can eliminate the gate effect when using large gate widths such as
1000ps?

Best Regards,

Susana Silva