[ome-users] LDAP Config for PosixGroups

Andreas Mueller Andreas.Mueller at Biologie.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Mon Feb 4 13:54:46 GMT 2019

  Hi,

  now it is working fine   !!
  thanks to all for your help  !!

  a nice day
  Andreas

  PS: here is my config:
  omero.ldap.base=dc=uni-osnabrueck,dc=de
  omero.ldap.config=true
  omero.ldap.group_filter=(gidNumber=688)
  omero.ldap.group_mapping=name=cn
  omero.ldap.new_user_group=:query:(memberUid=@{uid})
  omero.ldap.password=********
  omero.ldap.sync_on_login=false
  omero.ldap.urls=ldaps://ldap.uni-osnabrueck.de
  omero.ldap.user_mapping=omeName=uid,firstName=givenName,lastName=sn,email=mail
  omero.ldap.username=cn=omero,ou=admins,dc=uni-osnabrueck,dc=de

  - I'm not the admin of the LDAP. The colleges there created a service
    account for me (cn=omero..) only for the purpose to ask for
    'givenName', 'sn' and 'mail'.

  - all omero users a memberUid's of a posixGroup
    (cn=cellnanosomero,ou=groups,dc=uni-osnabrueck,dc=de)

  - 688 is the group number of (cn=cellnanosomero...)

  - it is important, that the user *AND* the group are *UNDER* the
    ldap.base

  - with ldaps, you have to install the ldap server zertificate (TLS)

  - user_mapping: the first entry is the login name, the rest of the
    lines is the mapping of ldap attributes to the omero attributes

  - omero needs firstName and lastName in user_mapping  (minimum)