[ome-users] Release of Bio-Formats 5.9.2

Sebastien Besson (Staff) s.besson at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Sep 3 14:25:25 BST 2018

Dear all,

Today we are releasing Bio-Formats 5.9.2 which included the following changes:

File format fixes and improvements:

  *   AVI
     *   added support for AVI files acquired with Keyence software

  *   Gatan
     *   fixed a bug when reading a file with an empty tag of type 23

  *   Deltavision
     *    extended the objective metadata support (thanks to David Pinto)

  *   MRC
     *   fixed the reading of MRC files generated with FEI EPU software

  *   Zeiss LSM
     *   improved the channel color detection for SIM data

Component changes:

All OME dependencies were upgraded mostly with build changes and documentation
improvements:

  *   ome-common was upgraded from 5.3.2 to 5.3.6
  *   ome-poi was upgraded from 5.3.1 to 5.3.3
  *   ome-mdbtools was upgraded from 5.3.1 to 5.3.3
  *   ome-jai was upgraded from 0.1.0 to 0.1.3
  *   ome-codecs was upgraded from 0.2.0 to 0.2.2
  *   ome-stubs was upgraded from 5.3.0 to 5.3.2
  *   ome-model was upgraded from 5.5.4 to 5.6.3

Documentation improvements:

  *   added links to public sample files for Imaris IMS, DICOM, Leica-SCN, LEO, MRC, PNG, TIFF and Trestle formats

Full details can be found at https://docs.openmicroscopy.org/bio-formats/5.9.2/about/whats-new.html

The software is available at:
https://www.openmicroscopy.org/bio-formats/downloads/
Bio-Formats Downloads | Open Microscopy Environment (OME)<https://www.openmicroscopy.org/bio-formats/downloads/>
www.openmicroscopy.org
Bio-Formats Package bioformats_package.jar. The complete bundle for end users containing everything needed to read images into ImageJ. Instructions for installing Bio-Formats in ImageJ are available in the user guide.. Download (31.64 MB)

and will shortly be available from the Java-8 update site for Fiji users.

Any problems or comments, please use the OME Forums or mailing lists:

http://www.openmicroscopy.org/support
Support | Open Microscopy Environment (OME)<http://www.openmicroscopy.org/support>
www.openmicroscopy.org
Support. OME is committed to supporting our users and helping the community to help each other by providing the following resources. We also maintain both forums and mailing lists as support and discussion channels.

Regards,

The OME Team