[ome-users] Short talks for 2018 OME Users Meeting

Jason Swedlow (Staff) j.r.swedlow at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Mar 7 12:17:17 GMT 2018

Dear All-

As you’ve seen, we’ll hold this year’s OME Users Meeting May 30 – June 1 in Dundee.  This is the highlight of the year for the whole team, and a great opportunity to meet other members of the community and consider seriously the problem that many love to talk about (can anyone spell FAIR?) but a smaller group are actually grappling with: how to handle, work with, share and publish the imaging data we are now all generating (I have no biases or feelings on the issue whatsoever 😉! ).

Over the past several years, we’ve deliberately constructed the programme to give a voice to the community first and started with short 3-4’ talks from members of the community.  Many of you have told us how much you enjoy these “lightning talks” and asked us to do more of these. In response, this year we will have two kinds of community talks:

  *   As before, 3’-4’ lightning talks
  *   Slightly longer 10-12’ talks, again by members of the community presenting development work, implementation choices, integration examples etc.

Our aim is to give as many members of the community the chance to present their work as possible.

If you’d like to give a lightning talk, please indicate this on the meeting registration form, as instructed.

If you’d like to be considered for a short talk, please send me (jrswedlow at dundee.ac.uk<mailto:jrswedlow at dundee.ac.uk>) a title and abstract (1 page or less).  We’ll review all submissions and publish a full programme in the next few weeks.  We’ll select as many short talks as possible—if there are too many for the slots we have, we’ll expand the lightning talk session to ensure everyone has a chance to present what they are doing.

Thanks again for all the work you are doing and support of the OME project.  We look forward to welcoming you to Dundee.

Cheers,

Jason