[ome-users] Grouping files

Carnë Draug carandraug+dev at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 12:18:34 BST 2018

On 17 Jun 2018 21:22:58 +0000, "Griffis, Eric" <egriffis at ucsd.edu> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Is it possible to have multiple instances of OMERO on a single
> server? I’m running an imaging center where we’re going to have
> multiple biotech and pharma companies using our services. It might
> be essential for them to have separate secure places to store their
> data with strong separation between shares. We’re going to be
> running OMERO on a 200Tb Cumulus node.

Hi

Yes, this is possible.  We do the same at Oxford although for
historical reasons, not for additional security.

You just need to set each server to use different ports [1] and have
one database per server.  You can also have only one web server that
can connects to all omero servers

David

[1] https://docs.openmicroscopy.org/omero/5.4.5/sysadmins/config.html#ports
[2] https://docs.openmicroscopy.org/omero/5.4.5/sysadmins/config.html#omero-web-server-list