[ome-users] Managing multiple shares

Simon Li spli at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Jun 18 11:02:17 BST 2018

Hi Eric

It's possible to run multiple OMERO servers on the same host by configuring them to use different databases, storage locations and network ports. However we wouldn't recommend it as there'll be a lot of custom configuration required. Do you have access to a private cloud or virtualisation platform? Most of our production servers are now running on virtual machines (either VMWare or OpenStack) without any issues. We've also done a lot of work on using automated open tools (Ansible) that mean we can easily install and upgrade multiple servers in one go, and these are all available to the community.

If you're dealing with highly confidential data this would give your users additional reassurance.

Hope this helps

Simon