[ome-users] Updates on Data Publication

Jason Swedlow (Staff) j.r.swedlow at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Feb 1 01:46:59 GMT 2018

Dear All

Just a quick update on our recent activities in data publication.

IDR continues to receive datasets, and we have several exciting new datasets upcoming.  Keep an eye on the announcements and let us know if you have a reference dataset that should be in IDR.  See https://idr.openmicroscopy.org/about/submission.html.

OME, as it always has, wants to make data publication from individual laboratories routine. That’s one of the big reasons to use OMERO in a lab or research institute.  We’ve worked hard to make the process for publishing data easier in OMERO 5.4, and also better documented.  We used OMERO 5.4’s features to publish data associated with a paper from our lab (some of you will correctly recognize this as a dogfooding exercise).  The paper is at http://doi.org/10.1098/rsob.170099, and the original image data is at http://dx.doi.org/10.17867/10000109.  For more info, see our recent entry on the OME Blog (http://blog.openmicroscopy.org/community/2018/01/25/fair/).

And finally, we’ve contributed to a white paper that discusses the resources the community must (at least we think it must) build to make image data publication routine and universal. This is now on arxiv at https://arxiv.org/abs/1801.10189  (it’s on arxiv because bioRxiv doesn't publish proposals and white papers; yes we did try to put it there first!).

As always, we welcome your thoughts, comments, critiques, and ideas.

Cheers,

Jason