[ome-users] Memory problem opening Zeiss ZVI with Fiji and Bio-formats

David Gault (Staff) d.gault at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Jun 28 12:07:36 BST 2017

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for providing the sample file. I was able to reproduce the issue using the settings you stated.
>From debugging the import process it appears the build of memory is caused due to the metadata being temporarily stored for each series before the concatenation occurs. The metadata in this particular case happens too be quite large, however it should not need to be stored multiple times as it is currently doing so.

I believe I might have a fix for this issue although it requires further testing. I have added a card with more details on the Bio-Formats Trello inbox to track the issue and is linked below:
https://trello.com/c/evfYjQ4y/15-imagej-concatenate-memory-usage

With Thanks,
David Gault