[ome-users] OMERO pyramid creation

Sebastien Besson (Staff) s.besson at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Jun 16 13:11:55 BST 2017

Hi Kai,

thanks for the update. I could also confirm the error while reimporting your image into the
OMERO server.

The issue is actually a bug associated with the reading of the CZI file. Luckily this bug has
been  fixed and released in the most recent Bio-Formats version as you could confirm by
opening the file using Fiji.

This version is not yet included in the latest release of OMERO but the import of the file into
one of our development server went through without errors. So I expect your problem to be
fixed with the imminent release of OMERO 5.3.3.

Answering one of your initial questions, if Bio-Formats reads pyramidal subresolutions available
within the file, OMERO should not recalculate pyramids. In this case, the client message was slightly
misleading as the issue is rather at the file import level.

Best,
Sebastien