[ome-users] possible bioformats bug--zeiss tiff files

李长林 33120150150368 at stu.xmu.edu.cn
Wed Jan 4 13:36:59 GMT 2017

Hi,

  I am new to the bio-formats. I have inherited a workflow that calls bioformats through FIJI. I find one possible bug using Bio-formats for reading Zeiss AxioVision TIFF and Zeiss AxioVision ZVI microscopy images.

  1. *.tif or *.tiff ?

   The extensions in the plugin is different form the website (http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/bio-formats5.3/supported-formats.html)(Fig.1 & Fig.2)

 2. I obtain microscope images with extensions of *.zvi or *.tif using Zeiss AxioVision, no  *.tiff. Therr is an error when reading series of Zeiss AxioVision TIFF (*.tif) images using Bio-formats(Fig.4). If I change the  extensions of images to *.tiff manually, it will work, but sometimes error, too(Fig. 5)

 3. Reading *.zvi will change my data(Fig.6)

  Can you please provide some assistance - this is part of a high content assay so I really need to be able to run this in batch mode.

  Thank you for your help !

  Changlin Li

  Xiamen University,China