[ome-users] Problem loading Micro-manager files with Bioformats importer

Sebastien Besson (Staff) s.besson at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Sep 19 11:26:45 BST 2016

Hi Kurt,

many thanks for the report and the uploaded sample files. We were able to reproduce the
exception below using Bio-Formats 5.2.2 and I have created a card to track the investigation [1].

The issue comes from the underlying assumption of the MicroManagerReader that the TIFF
files will be named as img_00000000t_channel_00z.tif [2]. However this is not true in this
fileset which is why the dimensions are read incorrectly. We will be in contact with the Micro-Manager
team to clarify what should be expected when reading these filesets.

Best,
Sebastien

[1] https://trello.com/c/n6aaUC9u/47-micromanager-separate-image-files-illegalargumentexception
[2] https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Micro-Manager_File_Formats#Separate_image_files