[ome-users] omero admin start fails

Sara J Nagreen nagreen at math.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 21 19:56:29 BST 2016

I’ve been trying to resurrect a Omero server program.  We upgraded the machine in question from OS X.9 to OS X.11.

In the process we ended up with a bunch of non-functional programs, and messed up permissions.  We also installed Mac OS X Server at the same time, which probably added to the mess.

We got homebrew back working and postgres, but in the process, decided to just upgrade, and we lost our config.xml.

So, when we do a
omero admin start

it fails.

gilroylabmac:bin gilroylab$ omero admin start
Creating /usr/local/Cellar/omero52/5.2.4/var/master
Creating /usr/local/Cellar/omero52/5.2.4/var/registry
No descriptor given. Using etc/grid/default.xml
Waiting on startup. Use CTRL-C to exit
Failed to startup some components after 300 seconds
Calling "stop" on remaining components
Waiting on shutdown. Use CTRL-C to exit

Per your instructions, here’s the output of omero_admin_diagnostics.