[ome-users] Partial Replication of OMERO data for TEST system: how to obtain user specific Pixels data as well?

Paul van Schayck paul at vanschayck.nl
Wed Jul 13 11:57:49 BST 2016

Hi Rainer,

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 10:03 AM, Rainer Poehlmann
<rainer.poehlmann at unibas.ch> wrote:
> in order to have an OMERO TEST server with a reasonable subset of real data,
> I have started to replicate data from our productive OMERO storage volume to
> a new test volume connected to the OMERO TEST environment. Since we have
> more than 40TB of productive data, I am obviously interested to only
> replicate parts of the data, e.g. by replicating data from certain users
> only.
> And, more specific to the PROD to TEST data replication problem:
> in order to have a fully working TEST environment, I do not want to
> replicate all of our 3TB of "Pixels" data from PROD => TEST. Since the the
> "Pixels" data are organized in a more "arbitrary" directory structure
> "(Dir-001 to Dir-nnn), is there an (easy?) way to identify *all* "Pixels"
> data belonging to one user to just replicate those and not the whole
> "Pixels" directory?

I've in the past tried to deal with this as well. For the exact same
purposes of having a development/testing environment. Some of my
questions on a HQL query to achieve this can be found here:

https://www.openmicroscopy.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55&start=10#p15318

In the end I decided to simply get all relevant ImageIds for an user
and deal with with missing Pyramid files during copy. I was using
rsync with an input file, and added the --ignore-missing-args to
ignore missing pyramids.

Cheers,

Paul