[ome-users] Problem open DV Files (time lapse file >33000 images)

David Gault (Staff) d.gault at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Jul 11 15:40:29 BST 2016

Hi Alex,

Thank you for providing the sample file. I was able to reproduce the issue as you described. The issue appears to be that we are reading the size of the time series from the image header as a signed 2 byte integer (as per the specification that we currently have) which gives a maximum value of 32,767. When the time series is longer than this we end up with negative values leading to the error message you saw.

I have created a bug ticket to track this issue which you can follow at https://trac.openmicroscopy.org/ome/ticket/13261#ticket

With Thanks,
David Gault