[ome-users] bio-formats problem opening a VSI image set

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Sun Oct 4 22:38:25 BST 2015

Hi Aryeh,

> Thank you for your reply. I the permissions listed below. The
> filename had been changed to Test.vsi and _Test_

Just to make certain - the .vsi name is definitely "Test.vsi"?
I would expect to see this problem if there is any difference between
the file name without ".vsi" and the folder name without the two "_"
(even something like "test.vsi" vs. "_Test_" would be a problem).

> >It would help us troubleshoot the issue better, if you could paste the
> >output of : ls -ahl (on the parent directory).
>
> amw1 itamarSimonCombing $ ls -ahl _Test_
> total 16
> drwxrwxrwx  4 amw1  staff   136B Sep 30 18:32 .
> drwxr-xr-x  9 amw1  staff   306B Sep 24 14:48 ..
> -rwxrwxrwx@ 1 amw1  staff   6.0K Sep 24 14:45 .DS_Store
> drwxrwxrwx  3 amw1  staff   102B Sep 21 16:00 stack1
>
> and
>
> amw1 _Test_ $ ls -ahl stack1
> total 38925512
> drwxrwxrwx  3 amw1  staff   102B Sep 21 16:00 .
> drwxrwxrwx  4 amw1  staff   136B Sep 30 18:32 ..
> -rwxrwxrwx  1 amw1  staff    19G Aug 27 13:22 frame_t_0.ets

That all seems fine.  The next two things to try are:

1) Try opening the .ets file - I would expect that to show an error
message, but the contents of the error message should help to identify
the problem.

2) Select "Plugins > Bio-Formats > Bio-Formats Plugins Configuration",
then choose "CellSens VSI" from the list in the "Formats" tab.  Verify
that the "Enabled" box is checked - it should be checked by default, but
I can reproduce the problem that you describe when that box is not checked.

Regards,
-Melissa