[ome-users] PNM image not opened correctly

Mark Carroll m.t.b.carroll at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Feb 13 09:58:21 GMT 2015

Dear Stéphane,

> It looks like the PNM images files are not correctly opened (data seems
> interleaved) in the last version of LOCI (tested with 5.0.7 and nighty
> version). I attached an archive contening both the original PNM file and
> the same image converted to TIF.

You are quite correct: In testing using OMERO (using the corresponding
Bio-Formats under the hood), the latest 5.0 build does something
appalling to your PNM. Fortunately, the latest 5.1 build renders your
PNM fine, matching your TIF most agreeably; the same is true of the
showinf command-line tool. The Bio-Formats team may have more to add,
but I can at least confirm that your issue is easily reproduced and that
there is light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you for providing such a
clear example of the bug.

Cheers,

Mark