[ome-users] displaying histogram to adjust the intensity

Thomas Julou thomas.julou at normalesup.org
Wed Dec 16 12:44:05 GMT 2015

Hello,

I finally start using omero more extensively. One thing I really lack compared to other tools (in particular fiji, icy and micromanager) is the possibility to easily view the intensity histogram of an image. As far as I understand it’s possible only in omero.insight and requires to create a roi for the entire image, correct?

This is particularly needed to adjust the contrast of a dataset and/or to compare different experimental conditions.
I’d love to see the histogram displayed in the preview pane of omero web (e.g. one coloured line per displayed channel, with a checkbox for log y-axis). Along the same line having a field to set saturation next to the min/max button would be really convenient (similar to the ignore field in micromanager, or to the Auto button in the contrast window of imagej).

Please let me know if these features are already implemented and I wasn’t able to find them. Otherwise, I’d really like to know whether this is on your roadmap. Best regards,

--
Thomas Julou  |  Computational & Systems Biology  |  Biozentrum – University of Basel  |  Klingelbergstrasse 50/70 CH-4056 Basel  |  +41 (0)61 267 16 21