[ome-users] Bio-Formats Zeiss ZVI Mosaix Issues

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Dec 15 14:36:35 GMT 2015

Hi Pradeep,

> Now my problem is that the order of the images in each of these 16 stacks
> is messed up. They don't correspond to the same tile. The XYTCZ for Mosaix
> seems to point to the order in which the tiles in the Mosaix are arranged.
> i.e., starting with X=1, Y=1 (top left of 4x4), T should go from 1-1200 to
> give the stack for Tile 1. Instead, the tile stack output by Bio-Formats
> has the order - for T=1 to 1200, X=1 to 4 followed by Y=1 to 4 - and hence
> puts time points n and n+1 for each tile at n and n+16 in each output
> series. Is this normal behavior? Am I missing an option that would help me
> fix this? It already takes nearly 10 minutes to read one such file and I
> don't think it is practical to write each series as a separate tiff file
> and sort through it.

Thank you for reporting this - it's definitely not expected behavior.

Could you please confirm that you are using Bio-Formats 5.1.7?  "Help >
About Plugins > Bio-Formats Plugins" in Fiji should indicate which
version is installed.

If you see this problem with 5.1.7, then we would likely need to see the
problematic file in order to diagnose and fix the problem.  I have sent
upload instructions for large files, if you are willing to send this
file.

Regards,
-Melissa