[ome-users] bogus MetaXpress Wavelength?

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Mon Apr 27 16:45:40 BST 2015

Hi Mario,

> when reading MetaXpress images (link below) with Bio-Formats 5.1.0
> I sometimes get a metadata pair 'Wavelength' = '0'. Is that read from
> the file, or where does it come from? Or is it a default setting that
> indicates something (like 'unable to parse wavelength' or so)?
>
> The image I used is here:
>     http://data.marssoft.de/bBB03-1A_wL10_s03_z1_t1_cDAPI_u001.tif

'0' is the value stored in the file for the 'Wavelength' key.  The value
is read here:

https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/blob/develop/components/formats-gpl/src/loci/formats/in/MetamorphReader.java#L1560

an added to the metadata table here:

https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/blob/develop/components/formats-gpl/src/loci/formats/in/MetamorphReader.java#L1684

The reader does not change the wavelength values, so this is likely a
default value coming from MetaXpress.

Regards,
-Melissa