[ome-users] Opening 3D PALM images using Bio-Formats

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Apr 21 15:17:33 BST 2015

Hi Kathrin,

> Last week I tried to open 3D PALM/STORM images that I recorded in ZEN Black with a Zeiss ELYRA microscope in Icy, but the images are not being loaded in the correct way. I end up with a black image in the viewer, whilst I am expecting a Z-stack through a cell.
>
> I have already contacted the Icy support team about this, but they told me that it is a problem with the Bio-Formats plugin. I assume this relatively new image format might just not be supported yet?
>
> I saved the files in the .czi format. Normally .czi files seem to open okay in Icy. I have also tried to open SIM files in the past and it was no problem.
> It would be great if you could let me know if there is a way to open this file type in Icy or Fiji.
>
> I will also upload a couple of example files onto your QA system.

Thank you very much for reporting this problem, and for uploading sample
files.  We are aware of issues with opening PALM data from the Elyra
systems, and there is an open ticket for this on our issue tracking
system:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org/ome/ticket/12469

There unfortunately isn't a workaround at the moment, but we will update
the ticket as we make progress on fixing this.  If you would like to be
automatically notified of updates, please let us know and we'll CC you.

Regards,
-Melissa