[ome-users] PixelData errors

Harri Jäälinoja harri.jaalinoja at helsinki.fi
Tue Apr 14 10:39:19 BST 2015

Hi Tjelvar,

I'd also be interested in having a look at the Ansible script. I don't
know Ansible yet, and this would be an interesting case to learn.

Josh and others have already worked on Dockerfiles for building OMERO
Docker images. With the little I read about Ansible I got the impression
it might be useful both in building containers and managing them. You
could have an Ansible playbook that describes the OMERO installation and
then you can include this in a Dockerfile, or use it on a plain server.
Or in some other container system! And then you could have other
playbooks for managing the containers. For example, now I'm going into
the database container with docker exec to get a database dump, this
sounds like something that could/should be nicely automated. I'd like to
see how the automation would look like in Ansible vs. in shell scripts.
Also it is interesting to see if and how Ansible plays together with Fig
/ Docker Compose, or if it would even replace the latter altogether.

Best,
Harri