[ome-users] Unable to open lif file

Roger Leigh rleigh at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Apr 13 11:42:57 BST 2015

On 10/04/15 17:53, Mai Tran wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> I've tried to disable SCIFIO and when open the lif file I got this (I
> think it's the same error). I forgot to mention before, I've tried on
> both Mac and PC Fiji
>
> java.lang.NumberFormatException: empty String
> at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:992)
> at java.lang.Double.valueOf(Double.java:475)
> at java.lang.Double.<init>(Double.java:567)
> at loci.formats.in.LIFReader.translateFilterSettings(LIFReader.java:1495)
> at loci.formats.in.LIFReader.translateMetadata(LIFReader.java:1006)
> at loci.formats.in.LIFReader.initMetadata(LIFReader.java:511)
> at loci.formats.in.LIFReader.initFile(LIFReader.java:453)
> at loci.formats.FormatReader.setId(FormatReader.java:1317)
> I've uploaded file to the link provided. Please let me know if that did
> not get uploaded properly.

Yes, this uploaded correctly, thanks.  I have taken a look and found a
problem in the parsing of the Objective NA.  A PR to fix this is open here:

   https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/pull/1728

If this considered acceptable for merging, this should be in the 5.1.1
point release.

Kind regards,
Roger

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,