[ome-users] Changing Ownership and Project of a Dataset

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Mar 18 15:12:49 GMT 2014

On Mar 18, 2014, at 4:01 PM, John Webber (NBI) wrote:

> Great - that would be useful!
>
> Python!

Sure. The start of the OMERO API documentation is:

  http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/developers/index.html#using-the-omero-api

The implementation of the bin/omero chgrp command might be a place to start:

  https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/tree/develop/components/tools/OmeroPy/src/omero/plugins/chgrp.py

but that uses the lower-level omero.client API.

A higher-level API, omero.gateway, is also available. The integration tests show usage here:

  https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/blob/develop/components/tools/OmeroPy/test/gatewaytest/test_chgrp.py

as does OMERO.web:

  https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/blob/develop/components/tools/OmeroWeb/omeroweb/webclient/views.py

Let us know how it comes along.