[ome-users] CZI dimension

Munro, Ian i.munro at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Mar 6 18:25:33 GMT 2014

Hi Paul

1) You can use a ‘perfect’ or delta-function irf, in fact this is the default if you don’t import an irf explicitly.
This is placed by default at the first data point (with a perfect detector you will see no light, except background before the excitation).
As you have guessed you therefore need to exclude points before the peak to get this to work.

2) You can do this using the 'Time Min' control on the Data tab.
You can also move the irf in time using the 'IRF shift ‘ control on the IRF tab.

3) Re ROIs : Top left  Just under ‘File’ are three shapes. You can use these to draw an ROI on the intensity image & fit this region
as a single summed decay.

You can also use the ‘Integrated Min’ control on the data tab to threshold dim pixels out of the fit. Recommended!

4) If you fit only the tail after the peak (as described) My guess is that you will get a v. similar answer to other software
as it’s a fairly simple task. Once you add in irfs & multi-exponentials we’re in 40 page thesis territory I’m afraid.

Please note that although, currently, FLIMfit can’t open .msr files directly from disc you can open these images from an OMERO 5.0.0 server.
In addition we hope to release a version with this capability (via bio-formats) very shortly.

Regards

ian