[ome-users] SimpleSAMLPHP + Omero?

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Sun Jul 27 15:46:43 BST 2014

On Jul 26, 2014, at 7:10 AM, Jake Carroll wrote:

> Hi all.

Hi Jake,

> I¹m working on a project at the moment to ³go big² with Omero across
> research institutes and organisation-wide boundaries.
>
> LDAP is cool and all, but the wider organisation wants something a bit
> more plug-able and this-generation.
>
> Wondering if anyone had ever/has ever tried their hand at somehow
> integrating SimpleSAMLPHP + LDAP into Omero for sign on purposes, as
> opposed to just using the native LDAP components currently found in OME?

Knowing _nothing_ about SimpleSAMLPHP myself, I would certainly be interested in hearing if anyone's looked into this.

For my part, I would think it would be doable via creating a new PasswordProvider like the LdapPasswordProvider.
For more information, see:

   http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/developers/Server/ExtendingOmero.html#list-of-extension-points

And speaking somewhat out of turn, our friends at Pasteur have this GitHub repository:

   https://github.com/imagopole/omero-auth-ppms

which might also be an interesting starting point. As always though, if there's anything that needs to be migrated back to the core APIs to facilitate, please let us know.

> Thanks, all.
> -jc

All the best,
~Josh.