[ome-users] Issue with opening CZI files for a multi-well experiment

Balaji Ramalingam b.ramalingam at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Jul 2 11:56:49 BST 2014

Hi,

Thank you for reporting your issue,
I was able to reproduce the same locally. The main issue seems to be the inability to select 'import options' when you use 'Fiji > Open'.

There are potentially 2 work-arounds for this problem.

1) Please check the following,
'Edit > Options > ImageJ2'

[cid:6B940D22-7B62-46C2-8F82-BF46F55404CF]
And check if the SCIFIO option is un/checked.

If its checked, you don't get the 'import window' with options suggested below

>>" I could also open the header file, and a window would pop up, asking me if I want the metadata, if a virtual stack should be used, etc. After clicking on ok, the header file would be analyzed, and a new window would pop up, asking me to select the well (the "Series" as it was called in the window) or the wells that I was interested in."

If the same is unchecked you do get the import window with the options.

2) The second option is a more straight forward one,
Please use 'Plugins>Bio-Formats Importer'

And this should throw up the 'import window' with the options as mentioned previously.

Either option should work. Please do let us know if this doesn't solve your issue.

Best,
Balaji

Mr Balaji Ramalingam

Software Developer