[ome-users] OMERO.web on IIS 7.5 not working

Kotecki, Jason Jason.Kotecki at vai.org
Wed Apr 2 16:36:27 BST 2014

Hello, I have installed the OMERO.server per the instruction found here:
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/sysadmins/windows/server-installation.html

Below is a list of everything I installed which are all 64-bit
Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit)
jdk-8-windows-x64
postgresql-9.3.4-1-windows-x64
python-2.6.6.amd64
pywin32-218.win-amd64-py2.6
matplotlib-1.3.1.win-amd64-py2.6
numpy-MKL-1.8.1.win-amd64-py2.6
Pillow-2.3.0.win-amd64-py2.6
scipy-0.13.3.win-amd64-py2.6
tables-3.1.1.win-amd64-py2.6
Ice-3.4.2

I then installed the OMERO.web per the instructions found here:
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/sysadmins/windows/install-web.html

Everything went smoothly. However, if I try to browse the page http://servername/omero I am receiving a 500-Internal server error message. Below is a list of my config. Is there something that I'm missing?

C:\OMERO.server>bin\omero config get
omero.data.dir=F:\\OMERO
omero.db.name=omero_database
omero.db.pass=********
omero.db.user=db_user
omero.web.application_server=fastcgi-tcp
omero.web.cache_backend=file://C:/windows/temp/
omero.web.session_engine=django.contrib.sessions.backends.cache

Thank you,
Jason Kotecki