[ome-users] Frequent Omero Server OOM

Douglas Russell douglas.russell at bioch.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 31 18:15:01 GMT 2013

Hi,

I'm on holiday, but quickly throwing this onto the list at Josh's request.
I'm currently having to restart OMERO every few days at minimum (I assume
depending on usage) because of these errors. Normally there is nothing
which looks relevant in the Blitz log. The master.err contains messages
like the attached file.

Some relevant settings:
<property name="Ice.MessageSizeMax" value="131072"/>
<option>-Xmx2048M</option>
<option>-XX:MaxPermSize=1024M</option>

I will be back from holiday to try any real diagnostics from the 5th of
November, but if there is some fix I can apply it from here as it will save
me restarting the server all the time.

Cheers,

Douglas