[ome-users] Prevent a user from changing their own password?

Aleksandra Tarkowska A.Tarkowska at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Oct 25 12:34:18 BST 2013

Dear John

Referring to your question about changing password. I think as long as you keep public user password safe and secure no one should be able to change password. First because changing password require Current password and second you can add

omero config set omero.web.public.url_filter '^/(?!webadmin)'

to make changing user details will prompt login.

If you want to prevent public user from creating/editing/deleting your filter should look like:

omero config set omero.web.public.url_filter '^/(?!webadmin|webclient/action/\w+|webclient/annotate_(file|tags|comment))'

this should do the trick

Kind regards
Ola