[ome-users] Prevent a user from changing their own password?

John Webber (NBI) John.Webber at nbi.ac.uk
Wed Oct 16 11:53:57 BST 2013

Hi all,

We are planning to have an external Omero user account that can be used to view (read-only) images in our Omero instance.    Is it possible to lock down this user account within Omero, so that the user is not able to change their own password?  We would envisage that a password change should only be done by an administrator - is this something that can be achieved?

Thanks
John

John Webber
Computing and Information Services
NBI Partnership Ltd
Norwich Research park
Colney Lane
Norwich
NR4 7UH

E-Mail: john.webber at nbi.ac.uk<mailto:john.webber at nbi.ac.uk>
Web:     http://www.nbi.ac.uk<http://www.nbi.ac.uk/>
Tel:         +44(0)1603 450 818

Helpdesk (Tel):  1234      HPC Support (Web):       http://hpc.nbi.ac.uk<http://hpc.nbi.ac.uk/>  (NBI  internal)
                                                HPC Support (Tel):           2003  (NBI internal)

The NBI Partnership Ltd provides non-scientific services to the Institute of Food Research, the John Innes Centre, The Genome Analysis Centre and The Sainsbury Laboratory