[ome-users] VMS file format: incorrect image dimension

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Wed Oct 9 23:33:18 BST 2013

Hi Matthias,

> processing large VMS files with LOCI Tools 4.4.8 seem to incorporate
> only the first JPEG "tile" file of the largest image (at least for
> the OpenSlide VMS test files, as I currently do not have further VMS
> files for testing). For example: showinf on CMU-1 outputs
> width=61440 and height=61440 for series #0, which reflects to the
> dimension of the first JPEG tile, but not the global dimension of
> the image. Switching to trunk or older stable builds did not solve
> the problem.
>
> Is there a way to tell the reader to incorporate all JPEG tiles?

Thank you for the bug report.  I assume that you see the same problem
with 5.0.0-beta1 (from http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/products/ome5/bio-formats)?

What would you expect the overall image dimensions to be for CMU-1 (or
CMU-2 or CMU-3)?  My understanding for each of those is that there are
2x2 tiles, so 122880x122880 seems to make sense; if that's incorrect
though please let us know.

Regards,
-Melissa