[ome-users] Read Only user: Prevent a user from creating/editing or deleting data

Aleksandra Tarkowska A.Tarkowska at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Nov 6 09:59:28 GMT 2013

Dear John

I am afraid the answer to your question is no, it is not possible to do it.
I have just filed your request in the ticket https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/11653 and we will investigate it.

Kind regards
Ola

On 4 Nov 2013, at 17:09, John Webber (NBI) <John.Webber at nbi.ac.uk<mailto:John.Webber at nbi.ac.uk>> wrote:

Hi,

I have previously asked a question about whether we could restrict a Public User from creating/editing or deleting data in Omero.  Ola very kindly provided an answer, but I now need to ask a slightly different question:

Is it possible to prevent a specific user (not just a Public user) from creating/editing or deleting data.  We would like to allow an external collaborator to access data in Omero, but prevent that collaborator from making changes, or from uploading additional content.  Is there a way that we can limit one user in this way so that they have view access only?

Thanks
John