[ome-users] Message on missing loci_tools.jar despite presence

Adrian Jacobson adrian.jacobson at web.de
Fri Mar 1 22:04:24 GMT 2013

Dear OME Community,

There is already a discussion (http://www.openmicroscopy.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3754&p=8141&hilit=loci_tools.jar#p8141) about an error message on using the OMERO Fiji plug-in with loci_tools.jar.
I have a similiar problem: When ever I try to run the OMERO plug-in using Fiji or ImageJ on Linux or Windows, an error message saying that the OMERO plug-in requires the latest stable version of loci_tools.jar appears.
However, I do have installed the latest stable version of loci_tools.jar. Additionally, I've updated the loci tools plugin from within ImageJ as well as Fiji to the latest stable version and still get the same error message.
The solution of placing a dummy loci_tools.jar in the ImageJ plug-in folder from the thread mentioned above doesn't work for me. Anyway, I don't get any error messages on duplicate files of loci tools which was part of the problem that thread.
There is also a pull request on github https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/pull/413[https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/pull/413] on this error message, but as far as I can see this does about changing the text of the message and not involving any issues behind it.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely yours,
Adrian Jacobson