[ome-users] Handling tiled images

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed Jul 31 20:21:28 BST 2013

Hi Robert & Roger,

> I'm unaware of ImageJ currently being able to do that.
> In the past, I've used the stitching plugin to stitch the separate
> images into a single big image.

Yes, Fiji has image stitching plugins that use Bio-Formats to extract
OME-XML metadata stage positions (and/or stage labels) in order to stitch
multiple tiles together.

See these pages for details:
* http://fiji.sc/Image_Stitching
* http://loci.wisc.edu/software/fiji-image-stitching

> So I do not get the PositionX, Y, Z attributes of the Plane, that I could
use to stitch the images together.

Does your data have StageLabel metadata then? If it has neither
Plane/Position[XYZ], nor StageLabel, then it is a limitation of the
Bio-Formats metadata conversion which we should fix.

Regards,
Curtis