[ome-users] Cannot open .oif files

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Mon Jul 8 19:58:43 BST 2013

Hi Ysabel,

[CCing the ome-users mailing list, which is the best place for Bio-Formats
questions.]

> I am using version 1.45s of Image J for Mac (OS 10.7.5).

That is a quite old version of ImageJ. Is there some reason you cannot
upgrade to the latest (currently 1.47v)?

> I have installed the loci plugin and put it into the correct folder.
> However when I try to open a .oif file I still get this error message:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at loci.formats.in.FV1000Reader.initFile(FV1000Reader.java:524)

>From your stack trace numbers, it appears you are using an old version of
Bio-Formats, too.

The easiest way to use Bio-Formats is with the Fiji distribution of ImageJ:

    http://fiji.sc/

It comes bundled with the most recent stable version of Bio-Formats, and
will keep Bio-Formats updated for you automatically.

Please try again with Fiji and let us know how it goes. If you still
receive an error, we will be glad to help!

Regards,
Curtis