[ome-users] Installing OMERO 5.0.0: error with python-genshi

Blazej Pindelski b.pindelski at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Jul 3 14:53:40 BST 2013

> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to build OMERO 5.0.0 with build.py and keep getting the error message:
>
> "The genshi module was not found, but is required by xsd-fu."
>
> However, I already ran "pip install genshi" successfully!  What am I missing??
>   Many thanks!!
>
> Zoltan
>
> --
> Dr. Zoltan Cseresnyes
> AG Niesner & JIMI (Joint Intravital Microscopy and Imaging)
> Deutsches Rheuma-Forschungszentrum (DRFZ) Berlin
> Charitéplatz 1
> 10117 Berlin

Hello Zoltan,

I would first check if "pip freeze" has a line like:
Genshi==0.7

If that's the case, then the next thing I'd check which Python version is used where.
On OS X there is a difference between "sudo pip" and "pip" in the sense where the
installed packages are stored.

I hope that helps,
Regards
--