[ome-users] Omero plugin for ImageJ

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Sat Jan 28 21:24:48 GMT 2012

Hi Zoltan,

> I'm trying to view images in ImageJ directly from Omero.  The plugin and
> the loci jar are fresh, just updated from Trunk Build.  I can log in, I can
> the image list, and when I select one and click on View, I get a
> Bio-Formats error message:
>
> "Invalid location: OMERO"
>
> What am I doing wrong?  I read through the guides that I could find but
> this error was not dealt with.
>   Many thanks!

It looks like ImageJ may still be detecting an older version of
loci_tools.jar.  Could you please double-check that the date shown in
"Help > About Plugins > LOCI Plugins" matches the date on which you
downloaded the file?

If the dates don't match, then please remove all copies of
loci_tools.jar from your ImageJ plugins folder and its sub-folders and
download the trunk build again.  Hopefully, it will then just work.

If the dates definitely match and you still see the error, then please
let us know and we will investigate further.

Regards,
-Melissa