[ome-users] Nature article on open computer programs

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu Feb 23 18:17:40 GMT 2012

Hi everyone,

A great article was published in Nature yesterday about the importance of
releasing source code for scientific programs. In the words of the authors:

"Our view is that we have reached the point that, with some exceptions,
anything less than release of actual source code is an indefensible
approach for any scientific results that depend on computation, because not
releasing such code raises needless, and needlessly confusing, roadblocks
to reproducibility."

The case for open computer programs:
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v482/n7386/full/nature10836.html

Regards,