[ome-users] ND2 opening issue in MATLAB

Daniel Dickinson ddickins at live.unc.edu
Thu Dec 20 18:46:55 GMT 2012

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for your response.  I updated the plugin to the trunk build as you suggested, but unfortunately I'm still getting the same error message (copied below).  I also tried the stable version (4.4.5), with the same result.

Not sure if this helps, but I noticed that after downloading the new version, I had to use javaaddclasspath to add the folder where loci_tools.jar was located - otherwise I got a "command not found" error when calling any LOCI function.

Thanks again for any help you can offer.
-Dan Dickinson

Error message after upgrading to 4.5-DEV:

??? Java exception occurred:
at loci.formats.in.NativeND2Reader.iterateIn(NativeND2Reader.java:1488)
at loci.formats.in.NativeND2Reader.iterateIn(NativeND2Reader.java:1517)
at loci.formats.in.NativeND2Reader.initFile(NativeND2Reader.java:403)
at loci.formats.FormatReader.setId(FormatReader.java:1238)
at loci.formats.DelegateReader.setId(DelegateReader.java:266)
at loci.formats.ImageReader.setId(ImageReader.java:742)
at loci.formats.ReaderWrapper.setId(ReaderWrapper.java:552)
at loci.formats.ChannelFiller.setId(ChannelFiller.java:263)
at loci.formats.ReaderWrapper.setId(ReaderWrapper.java:552)
at loci.formats.ChannelSeparator.setId(ChannelSeparator.java:274)

Error in ==> bfGetReader at 57
r.setId(id);
Error in ==> bfopen at 92
r = bfGetReader(id, stitchFiles);

Error in ==> spotcount_2color at 34
imageCell=bfopen([nd2Dir filesep fileList(1).name]);

On Dec 20, 2012, at 12:42 PM, Melissa Linkert <melissa at glencoesoftware.com<mailto:melissa at glencoesoftware.com>>