[ome-users] Fwd: OMERO.server4.4.4 Settings Configuration (Could not import omero.cli! No module named Ice)

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Thu Dec 20 10:47:41 GMT 2012

On Dec 13, 2012, at 4:59 PM, UNAI LORENZO SIERRA wrote:

> Dear Kenneth,

Hi Unai,

Sorry for the silence. Ever more people are going on vacation, so response times will be getting a bit slower.

> I followed your recommendations and installed omero_dist on C:\.
> Unfortunately, I can't start the server yet.
>
> C:\omero_dist>bin\\omero admin diagnostics

> OMERO Diagnostics 4.4.4-ice34-b3099
>

> WARNING:omero.util.UpgradeCheck:UPGRADE AVAILABLE:Please upgrade to 4.4.5 See ht
> tp://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero for the latest version
>
> Commands:   java -version                  1.7.0     (C:\Windows\system32\java.E
> XE)
> Commands:   python -V                      2.6.6     (C:\Python26\python.EXE)
> Commands:   icegridnode --version          3.4.2     (C:\Program Files\ZeroC\Ice
> -3.4.2\bin\icegridnode.EXE)
> Commands:   icegridadmin --version         3.4.2     (C:\Program Files\ZeroC\Ice
> -3.4.2\bin\icegridadmin.EXE)
> Commands:   psql --version                 not found
>
> Server:     icegridnode                    not started
>
> Log dir:    C:\omero_dist\var\log          exists
>
> Log files:  Blitz-0.log                    n/a
> Log files:  DropBox.log                    n/a
> Log files:  FileServer.log                 n/a
> Log files:  Indexer-0.log                  n/a
> Log files:  MonitorServer.log              n/a
> Log files:  OMEROweb.log                   n/a
> Log files:  Processor-0.log                n/a
> Log files:  Tables-0.log                   n/a
> Log files:  TestDropBox.log                n/a
> Log files:  Total size                     0.00 MB
>
> Error while parsing logs
>
> Environment:OMERO_HOME=(unset)
> Environment:OMERO_NODE=(unset)
> Environment:OMERO_MASTER=(unset)
> Environment:PATH=C:\Python26;C:\Program Files\PHP\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Window
> s;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Intel\DMIX;C:\Windows\System32\Windo
> ws System Resource Manager\bin;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin;C:\Pr
> ogram Files\Panda Security\WaAgent\Common;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\
> v1.0\;C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe;C:\Program Files\ZeroC\Ice-3.4.2\bin;
> Environment:ICE_HOME=(unset)
> Environment:LD_LIBRARY_PATH=(unset)
> Environment:DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=(unset)
>
> OMERO data dir: 'P:\\OMERO'     Exists? True    Is writable? True
> OMERO.web status... [NOT STARTED]
>
> C:\omero_dist>bin\omero admin start
> No descriptor given. Using etc\grid\windefault.xml
> [SC] StartService ERROR 1053:
>
> El servicio no respondió a tiempo a la solicitud de inicio o de control.
>

> Waiting on startup. Use CTRL-C to exit
> .Cancelled
> ¿Desea terminar el trabajo por lotes (S/N)? S
>

> As you can see, I set the Omero data dir on P:\, which is a mapped drive. Could it also be a trouble?

Possibly, but it seems like you're not yet to a point where that would cause problems. Is the omero.windows.user property still set? And if so, as whom?

If it is, then you will need to be careful. Due to a bug in OMERO on Windows 7 [1], the property is not propagating to the "Log on" setting for the service. And after each restart, you may need to reset the value.

~Josh

[1] https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/pull/539