[ome-users] ZVI Acquisition Date Formatting

Joseph Padfield joseph.padfield at ng-london.org.uk
Fri Aug 10 14:28:36 BST 2012

Hi,

I am trying to extract the "Acquisition Date" from a large set of Zeiss
Vision Image (ZVI) files using the "bftools" command line tools. I can
get the field without any problem but I can not find out how to convert
the returned integer into a formatted date. Hopefully I have just missed
something simple.

When I open an individual test file in the official AxioVision LE
software the following data can be displayed:
Acquisition date: 19/04/2011 16:10:42
Date: 19/04/2011 13:48:35

But the only fields I can get via the bftools "showinf" function are:
Acquisition Date: 4675820074566218095
File Date: 4675820078182691028
(using showinf -omexml -nopix - nocore filename.zvi)

Is there a way of converting "4675820074566218095" to something like
"19/04/2011 16:10:42" using any of the command lines tools or any other
standard datetime conversion processes. The only information I can find
is that the field should be stored as an "ISO 8601" date which is
described as using a format like [YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]T[hh]:[mm]:[ss], but I
can not find anything about a 19 digit integer.

I am using the command line tool "showinf" in linux:
Version: 4.4.1
VCS revision: fae9833
Build date: 19 July 2012

Thank you for any help.

Joe

--
*Joseph Padfield*
Conservation Scientist

Metamorphosis: Titian 2012
A unique collaboration with The Royal Ballet
11 July - 23 September 2012
Admission Free

Find out more:
http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/metamorphosis-titian-2012

Sign up for news, offers and exclusive competitions from the
National Gallery:
http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/what/news/subscribe.htm